- 1The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.
- 2Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 3We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;
- 4Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
- 5Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
- 6For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
- 7And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.
- 8So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.
- 9For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.
- 10For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
A Verse of Scripture to Think About